MyRootsPlace

Genealogy, History, Archives & More!

 Saint Andrews Graveyard, Mount Holly, Burlington, New Jersey, United States


Latitude: 39.98780, Longitude: -74.78530

Notes:
Also known as: Baptist Cemetery, Pine Street Cemetery
Established in 1742, St. Andrew's Graveyard received it's royal charter from King George III in 1765, while Benjamin Franklin's son, William, was Governer of New Jersey. The original Church of St. Andrew's was located on the land that is now the site of the cemetery.

Also on this site was the Battle of Iron Works Hill (12/22-23/1776). It was between 600 American Militia (mainly boys and old men), under the command of Colonel Samuel Griffin, and a force of 2000 Hessian Mercenaries and British Army Regulars under the command of Carl von Donop. This action removed Donop and his troops from their encampment in Bordentown, NJ so they could not engage in the Battle of Trenton on Christmas Eve 1776.


This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 11.0.0, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2017.