Matches 26 to 50 of 466 » Thumbnails Only
Aldrich School, Northbridge Massachusetts
Isaac Allerton House
|29||American World War II senior military officials, 1945|
Senior American commanders of World War II.
Seated are (from left to right) Gens. William H. Simpson, George S. Patton, Carl A. Spaatz, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Omar Bradley, Courtney H. Hodges, and Leonard T. Gerow;
standing are (from left to right) Gens. Ralph F. Stearley, Hoyt Vandenberg, Walter Bedell Smith, Otto P. Weyland, and Richard E. Nugent.
Ampthill, Bedfordshire, England
|31||Ancestry of Jack Sandy Anderson|
Ancestry of Jack Sandy Anderson
|32||Antelope Valley, California|
Antelope Valley, part of the Mojave desert. Ahead to the north are the Tehacheppi mountains.
History of the pronunciation of the word Arkansas
Sheehan Coat of Arms
(creation by James Shinn)
|35||Assasination of President Kennedy|
Assasination of President Kennedy
Poem written by Vanessa Marsh Koehler
|37||Autauga County Alabama Map|
Autauga County Alabama Map
|38||Avery, Sally Michel|
Artist Name: Sally Avery Michel
Signed: Lower Right
Size: 22"H x 28"W
Subject: Still Life/Botanic
Barton Le Clay, Bedfordshire, England
Battery C - Military History
Battery H, Military History
|43||Bell family home in Canada|
Melville House, the Bells' first home in North America, now a National Historic Site of Canada. The Bell Homestead National Historic Site, Brantford, Ontario, Canada, including the Visitors' Center, Henderson Home, Carriage House and Alexander Graham Bell's dreaming place, where he saw the undulating ripples on the Grand River as it flowed past him
|44||Bell family residence in Washington, D.C.|
The Bell family residence in Washington, D.C., from 1882 to 1889. The Brodhead-Bell-Morton Mansion (also known as the Levi P. Morton House) located at 1500 Rhode Island Avenue, N.W., in the Logan Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Built in 1879 to the designs of architect John Fraser, (renovated in 1912 by architect John Russell Pope) the Beaux-Arts style building originally served as the private residence of John. T. and Jessie Willis Brodhead. Since 1939, the building has served as offices for the National Paint, Varnish, and Lacquer Association (now known as the National Paint and Coatings Association). Former occupants include Alexander Graham Bell and his wife Mabel Gardiner Hubbard, U.S. Vice President Levi P. Morton, the Embassy of Russia, and U.S. Secretary of State Elihu Root. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the District of Columbia Inventory of Historic Sites.
|45||Bell, Alexander Graham |
The Alexander Graham Bell statue in the front portico of the Brantford, Ontario, Bell Telephone of Canada Building. The portico and statue of Alexander Graham Bell are reminiscent of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., lending themselves to the Classical Style.
Sculptor of Bell Statute was Arthur Edward Cleeve Horne, O.C., O.Ont., R.C.A., O.S.A., S.S.C., HON. C.P.A. (1912 – July 5, 1998), a Canadian painter and sculptor. He was born in Jamaica, British West Indies, and he painted over 400 portraits in his career (1928 - 1991) including those of Alexander Graham Bell, Claude Bissell, Bora Laskin, Pauline Mills McGibbon and John Diefenbaker.
Horne attended the Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from 1931-1934. He also studied with Dorothy Dick (British sculptor) in 1927 as well as with John Russell from 1934-1935. He was a member of the Ontario Society of Artists and was its president from 1949-1951. He was also a member of the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts and the Sculptor’s Society of Canada.
|46||Bell, Alexander Graham |
AEA Silver Dart ca. 1909
|47||Bell, Alexander Graham |
Bell HD-4 on a test run ca. 1919
|48||Bell, Alexander Graham |
Photophone receiver, one half of Bell's wireless optical communication system
|49||Bell, Alexander Graham |
Bell at the opening of the long-distance line from New York to Chicago in 1892.
|50||Bell, Alexander Graham |
Alexander Graham Bell's telephone patent drawing, March 7, 1876.